Helpful Owner Information
If you are ready to work with Hurst Home Realty & Property Management, here are some of the steps you will need to move forward. We are here to assist you in helping this to be a smooth transition for you and your tenants:
- Please call us with any question or concerns you may have at 916-652-8048.
- Fill out and return our Management Agreement Forms, which we will e-mail to you in order to protect your security identification.
NOTE: If you need to terminate an existing Property Management Agreement with another property management firm, we can provide you with a sample letter
Provide to us your:
- Current lease agreement, walk-through report and application form.
- Name and telephone number of the current tenant.
- Supply a key to the property.
Hurst Home Realty will do the rest for you!!
- A comprehensive ‘Owner’s Packet’
- Transfer the gas and electricity into our name in care of you.
- Start a gardener (until the new tenant(s) move in), if applicable.
- Re-key the existing locks and upgrade deadbolts to the new lock codes, if applicable.
- Create a list of any work that needs to be performed in order to prepare the property for re-rent (repairs, hauling, carpet cleaning, etc.).
- We will call you and go over the list. With your approval, we will arrange for the work to be performed with our team of trusted independent contractors.
- Market the property for rent including:
- A very professional For Rent sign
- A professional photographic record of your home for marketing on various web pages,
- Placement on our website.
- Placing your home on Craig’s List every week until rented (a color ad with photos)
- Utilize a redistribution service to get your home marketed on relevant rental sites & websites.
- Note: Marketing / advertising costs are not included in our re-rent fee.
- Show your property to pre-phone-qualified tenants.
- Perform as many tenant investigations as needed to find a well qualified tenant and select the best applicant.
- Review the applicant and all terms of the lease with you.
- Enter into a lease agreement with the tenant on your behalf.
- Perform an extensive Move-In Condition Report with the tenant.
- Perform an extensive Move-Out Condition Report with the tenant.
- Cancel utility services as of the start date of the Lease.
- Collect monthly rent and send you a check and an itemized statement each month. (Note: Rents are due on the 1st of every month; Late after the 5th of the month (we wait 2 weeks to make sure all Tenant checks have cleared; We begin payments of bills on the 15th of the month and statements go out to the Owner between the 24th & 30th of each month)…In certain instances we are willing to negotiate.
- Arrange for any needed repairs on an ongoing basis.
- Handle tenant relations / negotiations on an ongoing basis.
- Send a lease renewal letter to the tenant 60-90 days from the last date of the lease.
- Discounts given for multiple units.
Hurst Home Realty & Property Management ◊ 3555 Taylor Rd., Suite C & D ◊ Loomis, CA 95650
Office: 916-652-8048 ◊ Fax: 888-794-2474 ◊ CA DRE #01349037